|DESCRIPTION:| View more
Skills and Qualifications:
- Assist the CEO and Executive Management Team to define the Company’s short, medium, and longer-term growth strategy; build a road map for strategy execution, drive change and enforce the consistent application of strategic decisions
- Lead financial and operating performance, industry / market, customer, product & service, information technology, transaction trend and broader competitive benchmarking analysis to identify and then evaluate potential strategic initiatives including (but not limited to): new products / services or product enhancement or product design considerations, new or differentiated business and operating models, opportunities to optimize existing business processes, policies, procedures, tools, and systems and grow via M&A, JVs, or partnerships;
- Support CEO to structure, execute on, and monitor key strategic initiatives by developing weekly / quarterly / annual work-plans and the setting of and tracking of targets / KPIs, driving cross-functional alignment; and analysing and presenting actionable recommendations leveraging relevant business-level data and competitive intelligence;
- Assist the CFO, and cross-functional teams to develop acquisition / JV / partnership business case analyses, ensuring appropriate due-diligence is completed, prepare and present regular updates to the executive management team, shareholders, and Board of Directors on deal status, structure, valuation, strategic synergies, and interface with finance, accounting, legal, tax, HR, and other functional groups;
- Post-acquisition, serve as the key coordinator of the company’s overall integration efforts, assisting the CEO, CFO, CHRO etc with monitoring efforts and coordinating activities across the organization;
- Maintain regular dialogue with education industry participants and keep abreast of the latest industry, regulatory and macroeconomic trends that may impact the ELT / education industry, the company, and / or the Vietnam economy; ensure that the Company is prepared and well-positioned to take advantage of such opportunities but also identify, assess, and mitigate / manage key business risks; and
- Engage in strategic risk management by putting in-place performance controls and measures to assess the effectiveness of the implemented strategies and identify areas for strategic improvement;
- Support CEO to develop “native” strategy development and execution capabilities and continuously assess (in collaboration with the CEO, CHRO, and other cross-functional stakeholders) the needs / requirements of the business to deliver on the short, medium, and longer-term growth strategy.
- Keen understand of Vietnam education and EdTech trends;
- History of successfully and constructively engaging with a company’s management team to define and set the growth strategy and triage / prioritize initiatives;
- Demonstrated ability as a communicator and facilitator, both written and oral, with strong negotiation, conflict resolution, problem-solving, and people / stakeholder influencing / management skills;
- Possesses strong financial modelling, valuation, and quantitative analysis skills and the financial acumen needed to explore and assess strategic options, the development of creative solutions to complex issues, and support a systematic and data informed decision-making process;
- Strong project management, organization, and planning skills with a proven ability to prioritize multiple and complex projects, establish key milestones, and drive projects to completion within the stated deadlines at a company;
- Understanding and / or appreciation of digital trends or the application of technology and / or digital solutions in an education context and / or threats from or opportunities for innovation;
- Prior M&A experience is ideal; and
- Previous experience at a private equity (“PE”) owned or backed portfolio company.
- Education : Master’s Degree (M.B.A) in business administration, industry management, finance, economics, or another related filed from a reputable institution;
- Experience : At least 7 years work experience in a strategy management position, preferably working as a senior strategy manager in a fast paced and dynamic business environment; proven success in operating management positions is a plus.
- Nationality : Vietnamese/ Expat
- Attitude: innovation, ingenuity & creativity, teamwork & ready-to-learn spirit
- Language: Bilingual – speaks Vietnamese and English